Pepwave Max HD2 Cellular Issue?

OK, we trying to overcome roaming fees and provide better service availability for transportation (bus, for example) where is need for near-uninterruptible WiFi service onboard. Let’s assume that you should be able keep WiFi up and running on the moving transport in 2 different neighbour countries. Despite all operators say they have 110% coverage, the real world is different when you are on wheels and in rural area. The reason of bad coverage may also include overloading of operator timeslots for data. So actually you should be able to backup this connection with secondary operator and both WANs should be in Active state (and running load balancing or SpeedFusion). When going to abroad, the same problem occurs, but with different two operators in next country.
We have solution now that is 2 SIMs on HD2 plus different external modems in ETH/USB WAN, but they are very unreliable and realy unmanageable when transport is about 1000 km away from you. HD2 itself seems reliable for us. Also, 4 SIMs can be used in static applications when you do not have 4G coverage but need for 3 Mbit upload (4 x 768 kbps).
I cannot see any other good solution but include more SIMs on HD, and also, real 4G support would be nice as well. An alternative is to connect MAX BR1 to the WAN ETH port, but then the SpeedFusion won’t work as it will with onboard SIMs.

Hi CCSRailCorp-1, you may try to do daisy-chain setup and see whether that will help your situation.
So the HD2a LAN is connected to WAN1 of HD2b and include WAN1 and 2x 3G links as part of the speedfusion…

or you can look at MAX-HD4 LTE with up to 4x built-in 4G modems if your ISP is using either 900 or 2100MHz for 3G service.

1 Like

Yes, thank you, the time my problem was described I did not knew that HD4 is out :wink:
This is the best solution for this issue.