peplink route

Hi,

I have the above setup, in my firewall, I have already a default route to the router from the few.
I don’t want to change the default route now, in this case peplink loadbalance will work ?
And what is the best configuration in the above scenario

Thanks

You’ll want to use a router that supports drop in mode.

Then your FW can still have 1.1.1.1/24 as its default gateway, but the Peplink can load balance traffic sent to it via R2 if you want too.

Hi,
what is a router supports drop mode ?
I am using cisco isr 4000 series
Thanks

Drop in mode is a Peplink technology. I last used it on the Balance 20X but I think its on all the Balance routers.

First question is how many WAN routers you want to load balance across?
Is it just the two WAN routers you want to use?
How much bandwidth do you need to support?

Then you can pick a balance router that best fits.

Hi,
I have 3 routers that need to be load balanced.
total bandwidth is 150 x3

I have two another question,
let’s say R1 is completely down, (in the firewall the default route is configured to R1 )

then how the traffic will flow through the other routers because the firewall cannot reach the next hop (default route ).

second question ,If I want to replace the R1 , do we need to do some procedure ?

I just want replace R1 , the ip and other configurations all same .

Thanks

Drop in mode is a Peplink technology. I last used it on the Balance 20X[quote=“simclt, post:5, topic:39958”]
let’s say R1 is completely down, (in the firewall the default route is configured to R1 )

then how the traffic will flow through the other routers because the firewall cannot reach the next hop (default route ).
[/quote]
The Balance sees the traffic being sent to R1, knows it is down and responds instead. It then redirects traffic to R2.

Replace R1 with what?

Hi
I want to replace the hardware ,ip address and other configuration remain same
Thanks

That will be fine. The balance in drop in mode doesn’t mind what hardware you have on WAN1.