Peplink Pepwave utility app / MAX BR1

Hello,

I was wondering how to install all 5 my devices on the Pepwave/Peplink utility app on IOS.
I keep getting the ‘error in communicating with the router’ notification.

The routers are on board of 5 vessels with 5 cellular/SIM connections, with all different device names.
Can anybody help me find the right Hostname? I also doubt about the device name. I assume this is the device name I gave them at Incontrol2?

Thanks allot!
Willem

Hello,

Hostname = Public IP of your connection or DYNDNS hostname.

Thanks Jarid,

Maybe a bit stupid of me… but where can I find that Public IP or DYNDNS hostname in the PepWave Admin page?
Thanks…

Hi Willem,

May I know what is the IP address shows on BR1’s cellular interface (Dashboard > “Details” of cellular WAN)? Public or private IP?

Private IP range

If it is a public IP

1. You may enable Find My Peplink in InControl2

http://www.peplink.com/knowledgebase/introducing-find-my-peplink/

1. Then you may configure the Find My Peplink Address into the Router Utilities (Peplink’s apps) with the respective login credential.

If it is a private IP

We have not much choice here. I suggest using InControl2 monitor those devices. You may enable the E-mail Notifications if needed.

Hi TK,

Thanks for your reply. As far as I can see now, I think we have a private IP. See screenshot here attached.
Than I think it’s not possible to use the Utility app as far as I understand from your last thread?

Thanks, Willem

That is correct, you are getting a private IP address and not a public one. I recommend to use InControl2 to monitor instead. Thanks.