Peplink DNS, DNSSEC, EDNS

Do you have an ETA for a firmware update for the DNS services on our dual Balance 2500’s?

Is there any additional information available on a firmware update/release regarding DNS by the first week of January 2019? If our pair of peplink balance 2500’s will not comply with DNSSEC and EDNS policies, we will be forced to abandon them completely and install and test another solution prior to Feb 1st. I don’t want to wait until Jan 31st to begin a new rollout for our external DNS solution. Thank You

Can you please provide an ETA for this feature ?
In fact we cannot wait until the last day before the 1st of Feb…

Regards,

HA

Since there is no ETA for EDNS, DNSSEC, or even an indication of compliance in DNS response,etc…come Jan 11th I will have 2 each Balance 2500’s for sale - they were installed in 2017 and have about 1.5 years of full warranty left. I can’t continue to use them as our auth DNS which was their only remaining function since BGP compatibility wasn’t available at the time we were forced to move to BGP. They’ve been a terrific product for certain applications, but they are getting further and further behind in their compatibility with today’s networking standards and security. Contact me if you are interested in purchasing.

1 Like

We are actually working on the DNS flag day compliance support.
7.1.2 special firmware will be ready to release on the coming week and the support will also be included in 8.0.0 GA firmware.
We will keep you posted here when the special build is ready.

3 Likes

Hi Peplink Team,

It seems that release 8.0.0 (Beta release) is available.
Does it support EDNS ?
No info in the release notes…

Regards,

HA

@HA13029

The latest version 8.0 beta 2 is not included the enhancement yet. Confirmed with Engineering team version 8.0 GA will included the feature.

We will have the special firmware for 7.1.2 that compliance with EDNS, DNSSEC this week. We will post the download link here when the firmware is ready.

1 Like

Will this be backported to 6.3.4 for older HW versions? This will make older hardware obsolete if not.

Yes, we will have a special firmware for the older hardware version!

1 Like

Any chance we get the release one week BEFORE the deadline ?
Customers start to become really nervous…

Regards,

HA

my customer wait update.

now firmware 7.1.2 support DNS flag day?
or wait 7.1.2 special firmware?

Hi Peplink team,

It’s now absolutely required to get the exact date of the release !
We receive a lot of complains from our customers about the lack of information from Peplink support about this issue

EDNS flag is well known since a while and seems to be ignored by Peplink…
We are ten days before the deadline…

Regards,

HA

Special build 7.1.2 firmware with EDNS compliance has now been published.
See: Special updated Firmware 7.1.2 and 6.3.5 with EDNS compliance

1 Like

Many thanks for your help !

Hi sitloongs,

May I know if the latest 8.0.0 release includes the enhancement for this issue?

Thank you

@Nizam,

Yes, it’s included.

2 Likes

Are you saying that DNSSec is now supported?

@fntmx

Would you able to describe more for the DNSSEC feature that you are looking ?

1 Like

Well, I would be looking for security (validation of the DNS records signatures) and privacy (all DNS traffic is encrypted).

1 Like