Peplink Balance - Uneven/Slow Wifi Speed

Hi there,

I just put a Peplink balance online for my very simple home network with several devices connected by wire and no more than 10 devices wirelessly connected. I have upgraded to the latest firmware, which is 7.X, I believe. While I get the speed that I pay the cable company for on my wired devices, my upload and download speed on wirelessly connected devices are inconsistent. For example, I would run a series of speed test on the same device over 5 minutes, and would get results ranging from 100% to 10% of the expected speed. More often than not, the speed is slow, which is how I discovered there may be an issue. This only affects wirelessly connected devices. In addition, these tests were done on all of my wireless devices and there is no heavy data upload or download that was happening in the background.

I am new to the Peplink Balance, and am wondering if I am not optimizing its wireless performance. Should I have turned off certain features? I have several SSIDs running–does that decrease overall performance?

Help! And thanks in advance.

Hi 23hWcy, have you tried to connect the wifi device in 5ghz? Maybe on the 2.4 ghz you have problems of intereferences .