Peplink Balance One hanging frequently

@MST, may I know which firmware you are using? Have you opened ticket on this?

1 Like

latest one for balance one - and I think the warranty has expired

they have the problem with it since the beginning of using it

I know their connections are stable since peplink was pulled out a week ago - they have it on shelve

@MST

If you still able to get the device online, you can anytime contact Peplink support team to check on the device (no matters whether the warranty has expired.)

2 Likes

Could you try placing the Balance-One device away from other network devices and power source, and make sure proper electrical grounding is done? I doubt this issue might be caused by improper grounding of the Balance-One device. Just give it a try

I tried that with no luck

thank you Peplink team. The balance one is currently on shelf. I can connect it to 3rd - satellite connection since that one is not ins used so the support can access it. Let me know if that would work.

It’s going to beconnected just to WAN port, LAN would be inactive since the owner did not agreed to put back peplink back into production. I wish and want to put it back but I have to know it will not kill both WANs. Anyway should I open a case with support?

I have it opened Ticket #788560

If the balance one is near a wifi source, a reboot may occur. My advice is to turn off the wifi sources (printers, ap, routers) near the balance (under 2 meters). If you can not turn off the sources, make sure they are at least on a different channel.

bye

I have the same issue with 2 different sites but the same issue of locking up and needing a power cycle to restart, the answer appears to be to switch off the internal WiFi and use APs instead…

On which firmware are you for both sites: 7.x.x or 8? I am asking since my Balance One has been crashing a few times a day ever since upgrading to 8.0.0.

Working with Peplink support we have narrowed it down to the 2.4 GHz WiFi band only. If you disable it, the router works like a charm with 8.0.0. Go figure!

This might be particular to the Balance One with internal WiFi AP though.