Peplink Balance One Even Bandwidth Distribution

Hi to All,

So by default, If user A downloads a file it will take all of the available bandwidth
which is *10Mbp,*user B will have to use what is only available and will still need to wait for user Bto finish downloading to get bandwidth.

Is there a setting in the router that will allow to distribute the 10Mbps connection to all user?
so let’s say user A initially downloads a file while consuming 100% of the bandwidth
but as soon as user B need to download something then the router will automatically adjust the bandwidth for both A and B
making it 50% for A and 50% for B.

Hi,

This can be achieved by using Bandwidth Reservation.

1. Assign A into Manager Group (Network > Users Group).

2. Assign B into Staff Group (Network > Users Group).

3. Reserve 45% of bandwidth for Manager, 45% for Staff and 10% for Guest.

• Using your example. When there was A connected to internet only, A will having 100% of bandwidth.
  • When B was connected to internet, A and B will having 50% bandwidth.
  • Please take note no one was assigned into Guest group, so bandwidth reserved for Guest alway 0%.

Hi TK, thanks for responding.

My apologies for confusion.

I will base my question from your example.
Let’s say I have a 192.168.1.0/24 subnet assigned to the Manager Group,
Can I achieve a bandwidth distribution from it?

User A is 192.168.1.100
User B is 192.168.1.101

User A initially downloads a file while consuming 100% of the bandwidth
but as soon as User B need to download something then the router will automatically adjust the bandwidth for both A and B
making it 50% for A and 50% for B.

Thank you.

Hi,

Since user A and B are under same group, no way to achieve 50% bandwidth for each. Unless you split the users into 2 groups which are Manager and Staff.

Do you think Bandwidth limit can meet your requirement which statically assigned certain bandwidth for each user in a group?