Peplink 710 as ap management

hi Support,

i’m using 5.3.9 firmware and i’m using the wlan controller function. i’m currently using 2 AP.

sometimes the cable of one of the AP switch off (not an AP problem. external problem) and the manager report correctly that only one AP is online;

but:

the AP without cable still running (plugged with wireless on) so until i switch back on the cable all the user aren’t able to connect on the internet. is there a way to detect when there is no cable and turn off wireless settings so all wireless user can go to the another working AP??

maybe consider this as a WISH feature.

thanks and let me know

Hi Lorenzo,

Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like you have a defective Ethernet cable that needs to be replaced?

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Lorenzo,

I think I kinda see what we are trying to do here - if the AP no longer has uplink for any reason e.g. Ethernet cable unplugged accidentally, then the AP should stop broadcasting SSID, hence clients will be forced to connect to another AP broadcasting the same SSID with a functional uplink - is this what we are looking at?

Thanks,
Kurt

if the AP no longer has uplink for any reason e.g. Ethernet cable unplugged accidentally, then the AP should stop broadcasting SSID, hence clients will be forced to connect to another AP broadcasting the same SSID with a functional uplink - is this what we are looking at? <

exactly!
thank you and sorry for my bad explanation…

No worries and this makes a lot of sense. We will take a closer look into this and see if this is something we could implement.

Thanks for your feedback Lorenzo - it is only with customer feedback like yours we could advance our solutions even further.
Kurt

Hi Lorenzo, a quick update on this feature request - we will implement uplink health check mechanism in the upcoming firmware for AP One. Please stay tuned for the release!

Again thank you for your feedback.

Thanks,
Kurt

Great article, i just read one and you make simple conclusion and powerful to learn.I like the article’s name…at firs, it leads your mind to someting else.:slight_smile: but very good article.

cable management