Peplink 305 - Drop In Mode

Dear All,

We purchase Peplink Balance 305 and configure the Drop-In Mode, our current firewall is Cisco ASA 5515 and being managed by our Corporate office. I followed the manuals and tutorials on how to Configure Drop-In Mode and seems running. We can browse the internet and access all our applications which are on VPN tunnel of Cisco firewall. But when I plug-in the 2nd DSL on WAN2, it shows connected but not having any traffic.

What is the next step for me to utilize my 2nd DSL line on WAN2?

Looking forward for you response.

Thank you,
Donald

Can somebody help me to make my 2nd ISP works, I want all YouTube browsing use the 2nd ISP.
I really appreciate your respond.

Thank you,
Donald

Because right now, all the Internet Traffic is in WAN1 even though I already plugin WAN2( 2nd ISP).

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Donald

Can you provide the defined outbound policy for your device ?

1 Like

Hi sitloongs,

I attached here the screenshot of my Peplink 305 configuration for your reference.
I feel I missed something.

Thank you for your help in advance.

DonaldPeplink Balance 305 - Drop In Mode - Dashboard.pdf (410.4 KB)

Youtube is using HTTPS connections and the default HTTPS persistence rules had overwrite the create outbound policy . Please reorganize the sequence for the outbound policy.

Beside that, there are multiple hidden sub-domain for youtube that you should added the the outbound policy. Detail info please refer to the URL below:

Just curious, where you purchase your Peplink device ? Supposedly Peplink local partner should able to assist you for the configuration.

1 Like

Hi sitloongs,

We’re located in an island, no local vendor here, so I have no choice but to purchase thru online Amazon and waited more than 1 month until it arrives. :slight_smile:

You mean, I will change the destination, instead of youtube.com with all of this? youtube.com ytimg.com ytimg.l.google.com youtube.l.google.com googlevideo.com i.google.com google.video.com ad.doubleclick.net gstatic.com 2mdn.net youtube-nocookie.com googleads.g.doubleclick.net

Do I need to do it one by one or just put comma"," ?

I have another question if WAN 1 went down, will WAN 2 still gonna work? I mean all our applications from corporate which pass thru VPN in Cisco firewall, will it still be accessible during the event WAN 1 is down?

Thank you,
Donald

Hi Donald

The outbound rules are drag-able so you can click and hold on it and drag it above the HTTPS persistance rule.

Thanks
James

1 Like

You will also need to create a seperate outbound rule for each of the domains and put these above the https persistance rule.

1 Like

Hi James/ sitloongs,

Even I drag the other rules, the traffic still on WAN 1, please see the screenshot.
Any other configuration I missed? Kindly advise.

Thanks,
Donald