Path Forwarding Cellular/WAN

Peplink,

Can you add more intelligence in the options to allow the Pepwave to select forwarding paths based on RSRP and RSRQ levels over LTE. For example, Could it look at an LTE network with 1 bar and switch traffic to network with better quality, less jitter and packet loss automatically based on settings. I’ve noticed that the BR1 will hold unto a cellular connection until the last bar before switching to an alternative link. I’m trying to figure out a way to make it more intelligent.

For instance if we have a BR1 with LTE connection and a WAN connection but the LTE connection is primary can we make the BR1 intelligent enough to know the LTE connection is of low quality and should use the backup connection.

Please check on this forum post.

2 Likes

@sitloongs

Thank you for the update this feature is really big for us. Will this work across the Wan interface as well? For example, will BR1 will be able to switch traffic to a say mpls or satellite interface if LTE is performing poorly.

Yes, this is the intention for the feature. The aim is to allow extra criteria (base on signal) to check for cellular WAN for the traffics forwarding decision. Hope this explained your concern.

1 Like

@sitloongs,

When is this scheduled to be released?

v7.1.0 end of this year.

1 Like

Have you seen increased startup up times with 7.1? I’ve noticed our RoIP appliances are timing out during a startup with the pepwaves and only coming back and we shut them down and restart them.

Do you have more info for this ? You rebooting both devices (Pepwave & RoIP appliances) together and RoIP appliances failed to obtaining IP address upon startup ?

1 Like

sitloongs,

Yes that is exactly what i’m seeing.

Barranett Farquharson, Jr.
CTO

Cinetcomm, LLC

PO Box 571148

Las Vegas, NV 89157-1148

Office: (702) 844 2410

Mobile: (818) 210 2848

May i know the issue can be reproduced each time the devices rebooted ? I just tested with 7.1.0 & 7.0.3, the time different is marginal. Would you please open a support ticket here for support team to further check ? It can be related to other influences.

1 Like

Sitloongs,

Yes the issue is happening everytime we power up the devices together.

CTO

Cinetcomm, LLC

PO Box 571148

Las Vegas, NV 89157-1148

I’ve submitted a ticket for this. ID [Ticket #780502].

We will investigate and followup with you via support ticket.

1 Like

Thank you

CTO

Cinetcomm, LLC

PO Box 571148

Las Vegas, NV 89157-1148