Overlapped Criteria Warning Message When Adding Service With Same Port

I’ve noticed that since updating firmware when I add a Service to Inbound Access that has the same port but is using a different static IP I get a popup saying I have overlapped criteria “Your setting is overlapped with the existing service(s), are you sure you want to save it forcibly?” It shows the list of other services using the same port, but they are assigned different IP addresses so they technically are not overlapped. I didn’t have this warning message before I updated the firmware. Is this possibly a bug in the firmware? I’m on a Peplink Balance 210 firmware version 7.1.1 build 3548.

@dwpoulin, Can you share error screen capture with us?

1 Like

I just went in to add a new service with the same port and selected different static IP addresses to use. I have 5 static IPs in sequence for each Internet Service Provider. My setting was for port 8042 on static ip x.x.x.66 on Internet Service Provider 1 and x.x.x.121 on Internet Service Provider 2. There is already rules defined for the same provider, the same port, but different static IPs for both. See attached screenshot shows the popup I’m receiving.

Firmware Version: 7.1.1 build 3548

1 Like

@dwpoulin

This is the bug and confirmed is fixed for firmware version 8.0 (Beta 3 now)

2 Likes