Outbound Rules (Overflow Algorithm) for Balance 30 LTE

Hello,

We just have a Balance 30 LTE and WANs are the main DSL connection (12/1.2 Mbps) and another cellular WAN Verizon. In the outbound rules to set as Overflow Algorithm, there is no cellular WAN to choose. There is only 2 WANs and (lowest Priority) is dimmed. I am assuming the lowest Priority would be the cellular. Am I correct? (Picture attached)

Hi zhtway,
The Overflow Algorithm requires the expected upload and download bandwidth to be set within the WAN connections otherwise the router won’t know the upper limit so it can flow over. Due to how cellular can fluctuate greatly with available download and upload speeds it isn’t able to be utilized in this algorithm.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. So if the cellular is not included and if the overflow occurs, (in my case there is no WAN2), will those connections be move to the lowest priorities. Will those lowest priorities are the cellular WANs?

Hi zhtway,
I don’t believe so. You can set the policy to fall through to another rule when the first runs out of available connections. If you don’t have at least 2 WAN connections though for the Overflow Algorithm it might be beneficial to try a different one that can utilize the cellular links.

1 Like

Thanks, cschlegel.

1 Like