Out of warranty repair

Dear sir,

My Peplink balance 380 problem is faulty CF card, and the service team in here was contacted me as said it was over warranty and can’t be repair, I would like to know it is Peplink never provide out-of-warranty repair ?

Hi @PaulPuaWelcome to the Forum!
Peplink does offer out of warranty repair.
Please mention that you would like an out-of-warranty repair and they will facilitate this for you.
Thank You

1 Like

Dear Sam Norris,

I m mention pay for out of warranty repair but they rejected and asking me to buy a new unit.

Hi Paul

Please note that the out of warranty repair is no longer available, please submit your request to your purchase account (OGX) to obtain a trade-in replacement request instead. For more information, you may refer to this link under Renewal Policy.

1 Like

Dear Chun Fatt Sham,

What’s going on for this case ? From ur answer is no more out of warranty repair provide, but Sam Norris was replied me it is provided .

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require further information.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Paul Pua

@PaulPua, sorry for the confusion caused by our responses. Base on the Renewal Policy took effect a year ago, the device that Out of Warranty over 2 years will fall into the “Trade-in Replacement” program.

Public announcement:
https://forum.peplink.com/t/hardware-warranty-renewal-policy/21333

Renewal Policy:

Understand that our partner is following up on the case via a support ticket with you, we are communicating with the partner to work out a satisfactory solution for you.

1 Like

Dear @WeiMing,

I just would like to check about the grace period, is customer still possible to submit a ticket for their hardware support within this 31 days period?

Thanks,
Vuthysak

@Vuthysak.chan, of course you can open a ticket. Anyway, we can’t proceed with RMA if hardware issue is identified within the grace period. Please always ensure the device is under warranty to avoid the interruption.

Dear @TK_Liew ,

Thank you for your feedback. So it mean that we still can submit a ticket for trouble shooting or technical support, upgrade firmware and software and access to inControl within grace period, right?

Thanks,
Vuthysak

@Vuthysak.chan, grace period is a “safe” timeframe for you to renew the hardware warranty. Diagnostic Report submission is not necessary within the grace period. Anyway, the device still considers out of warranty if you yet to renew it within the grace period.

You have no issue upgrading the firmware and the device will show offline in InControl2 after the warranty is expired. You are recommended to get assistance from your point of purchase if you need technical assistance. Of course, we will step in if the problem is related to the product issue.

Hope this helps.

Dear @TK_Liew,

Thank you so much for your feedback on my inquiry.

Vuthysak