OPENVPN client - cannot ping router or anything behind it

Thanks Paul. I really appreciate the time you are investing here to help me.

I’ve been reading up on the items you posted. I’m pretty confident I could set up the new server on Digital Ocean.

I’m trying to tease out all of the details from the “marketing terms” Peplink uses. It’s dizzying trying to get the terminology straight in my head.

Is this extra paid key necessary if I don’t need “hot” failover? I don’t care if it takes a minute or two to fail over as long as when wired LAN is down that it fails over to 4G, and I can access my network remotely over the 4G connection. And of course access my network when on regular LAN (default state).
I don’t have VOIP or anything mission critical.

I read in one of the web pages that “some” Peplink devices don’t have full support - I can’t find anything that confirms the SOLO will work for this.

I haven’t heard anything back from support on my Openvpn problem. Perhaps they are doing some testing on my use case? I would really like that to work since it’s already set up.

And I’m already paying for one server to run Openvpn and am not looking to buy multiple licenses if I don’t need to.

thanks again

I don’t actually have a SOHO in house, We will probably pick one up for the Summer condo this spring, This past year I used a MaxTransit when visiting. My Peplink devices are all Primecare so the full Speed fusion is part of the package.

PepVPN alone should have failover, so the PEPVPN will be only connected via WAN#1… and if that connection fails it will reconnect via WAN#2. With a slight outage during the failover.

It is the extra key for speedfusion bonding and hot failover that will connect both WAN’s at the same time, and continuously send health checks so that there is seamless connectivity.

I wanted to post an update on the problem I was having with client-to-client openvpn. After working with support for about 2 1/2 weeks they have concluded that openvpn client-to-client is not supported even when using the $20 client license. Its unclear to me if Pepwave intends to get this working with some firmware changes, but in the meantime I’ve returned the router to my supplier as I must have access to my LAN over my openvpn server.
Hopefully they will support it in the future. I furnished them with my openvpn configuration and screen shots of how I set it up with my Asus router.

And thank you for your help.