No WAN connection or green light

Been using the Pepwave Surf SOHO Mk3 for several months. My normal connection is via the USB-to-MiFi. Recently my alternate WAN, the normal WAN jack connected to a NanoStation Loco, stopped working. I can no longer connect to the WAN/NanoStation, nor do I have a green light on the WAN port (the orange is on and blinks slowly initially and then about every 5 secs. after that). No settings have been changed, only firmware updates to the most recent including v7.1.0 (1284).

This alternate WAN (the NanoStation) has worked fine for several months. But suddenly it has stopped working. I have even tried used a new NanoStation just to see if it was bad (it wasn’t). I have rebooted the Surf numerous times. No go.

Is this a defective Surf unit? Or any other ideas to try? As I said, no settings have been changed and it used to work/connect just fine for several months. Thanks.

Resolved problem.

Good news! What was it?

1 Like

The NanoStation had somehow gotten reset to factory, thereby requiring connecting it directly to a computer using a static IP in order to reinitialize and set up the NanoStation. Once done, worked fine again. Not really sure what caused it to reset, but at least found the problem and cured it.

2 Likes