My response to the question "Are you happy with Peplink?"

In another thread, @Rexmav asked me “Are you happy with Peplink?

My short reply was “Yes”, but didn’t do it justice…

I am absolutely delighted with Peplink. Let me count the ways:

1 - The Equipment
Having bought a B310 (and subsequently a B710) to replace a “I think I’ll try load balancing” TP-LINK TL-R470T+ router, I have been extremely happy with the quality of the Peplink devices.

Yes, they were significantly more expensive than the TP-LINK, but build quality appears to be excellent, and completely in keeping with their prices. This is not always the case with smaller companies’ offerings.

2 - The Software / functionality
I have only just begun to scratch the surface of what’s possible with these machines, but is there anything they can’t do? (other than being able to transform a completely cr*ppy internet connection into a perfect one!)

The possibilities appear to be endless, and the Peplink team continues to add useful functionality, as is clear from firmware upgrade 6.3. Having bought into a brand, I find it very reassuring to see development dollars being put into making improvements.

3 - The Support
I have already mentioned @MartinLangmaid on a couple of occasions as being incredibly helpful to me.

I would also like to report that, having had terrible problems getting a Sierra AirCard 320U (with a Thai DTAC SIM card) to work on the B710, I opened a support ticket. Within 24 hours, and during the Christmas period, no less, the AirCard was working perfectly.

I now have an LTE connection to add to my upstream bandwidth, which makes HD video conferencing possible. :slight_smile:

4 - The Management
It is rare these days to find a company that provides sensible responses to support tickets, and heaven forbid you should want to contact anyone within management.

A couple of weeks ago, I had reason to contact the Peplink management. Not only did I receive a detailed reply in a timely manner, but it was clear that my request was carefully considered, rather than simply being turned down in typical “we don’t do that” style.

So, yes, in the immortal words of Steve Ballmer, "(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I14b-C67EXY)"

2 Likes