Mounting bracket for Balance One

Hi, is there any mounting bracket that will wall mount a Peplink Balance One. There are no mounting holes on this router, and I want to stabilize it by mounting it to something.

The weight of 8 Cat5 Cables tend to move the router, and I would like to mount it so it does not move.

Has anyone come with a solution for this?

Cheers

Steve

Hello,

Currently you would need to shelf mount this as there is no current road map to add mounting brackets, however we will take this into consideration moving forward. Appreciate any feedback from other users regarding Balance One with mounting bracket.

1 Like

I had an unused Middle Atlantic UTR-1 from a previous project. I secured both the Balance One and the transformer with [Velcro OneWrap](Buy VELCRO® Brand One-Wrap® Tie Rolls Online x 3/4in). The shelf and tape can be sourced together for ~$40 online. In lieu of a proper mounting bracket(s), this is working for us.

1 Like

Hi,

Awesome :up::up::up: !!!

Thank you for the sharing.

1 Like

I too would prefer rack mount ears vs. shelf mount.

ALSO, THERE IS NO GROUNDING/BONDING SCREW ON THE Balance One!!
With multiple WAN connections carrying power surges to the device it is a sitting duck! PLEASE ADD A GROUND SCREW.

OR BOND TO GROUND VIA A RACK EAR KIT.

If you are needing grounding for rack equipment, grounding via the device ears to the rack is not usually a good bond. That and most people’s racks are not properly grounded anyway. Also note the Balance One has a plastic case, so any technical ground would have to be an internal mod and void the warranty.

Unless you are running ethernet between buildings, you are unlikely to suffer any damage through it. If you are going between buildings, use fiber.

For protecting equipment, the focus should be on proper power & grounding distribution in the building, and good quality power conditioning devices. Preferentially series-mode. If you use typical “surge protectors” with MOV’s in them, you are creating potential problems.

1 Like

I 3d printed my mounting brackets.

Can’t upload the STL files to the forum, but I uploaded them to thingiverse.

6 Likes

That’s really nice work. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello @Jose_Luis_Gonzalez
Peplink+Balance+One+Core+Rack+Mounting+Brackets - Copy.zip.txt (215.8 KB)
We have made a copy from thingiverse and uploaded it to here so if the thingiverse copy disappears, there is another copy here. With downloading this, it will be necessary to delete the “.txt” from the end of the file extension to restore it to a “Zip” file.

By the way, awsome effort, made out of plastic so it is also good for the Balance One models with built-in Wi-Fi. Peplink team might be inspired and created a branded version/kit for those who do not have 3D printers.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Jose_Luis_Gonzalez could I bribe you to make me a set?

3 Likes

@Don_Ferrario where are you from?

1 Like

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you for your contribution to the community. I appreciate it

Here’s the B20X mounting bracket (I have not test them yet).

3 Likes

Has anyone tested this design yet for the Balance 20x?

The 3D printing solution is truly outstanding and very elegant – but a bit out of my price range. I have a much less elegant, but also much cheaper alternative: a standard mounting bracket. I’m not touting any particular supply store… I got a “Simpson Strong-Tie Rigid Tie 1.659-in x 10-in x 4.125-in 18-Gauge Galvanized Steel Mounting Bracket” for $5.28 which I intend to use on my new installation in a couple of weeks. I’m going to screw the bracket into the back panel of the network box, and lay the B20X into the slot. (Supposedly the B20X is 1.3" deep and the bracket is 1.65" deep and 10" wide, so there should be plenty of clearance. [Key words: Balance 20X mounting bracket]