With the correct selection of antenna, cabling and associated RF couplers/splitters we have had four modems on single MiMo antennas, requiring only two cables to the outside of the building.
We highly recommend that you engage with your local Peplink Partner, installation of antennas and choosing the right antenna solution is a speciality within itself, you Peplink Partner will be able to escalate your needs up to the local distributor to find a suitably qualified and experienced expert to help.
Here are some of the things you need to know before planning a proper antenna solution:
- Distance to local towers & angles from site
- Frequencies of local towers (including carriers you are not using)
- The signal level at the location of the place where the antennas will be
- Cable pathway and distance from external antenna location to the router/modem and any potential electrical interference along the way
- Protection against lightning and external electrical surges, if you don’t know how far lightning can travel, have a look at this URL
We always insist on installing lightning and surge protection, having the protection done correctly may seem expensive up front, though it is cheap insurance and if your insurance company finds out you did not have this installed, you may be uninsured against future lighting/surge damages.
We suggest that you contact your local Authorised Peplink Partner for specialised assistance.
Your local Certified Peplink Partner can help you with a copy of the Antenna Selection Guide for Peplink Partners, this is a detailed guide and is only available to the Peplink Partners so to ensure that you get helped in working through it to get the most suitable antenna solution to your application.
Remember that the majority of these systems are MIMO (Multi-In, Multi-Out), so you must ensure you use antennas and cabling suitably designed for the application.
Happy to Help,