Maximum throughput

The dats sheets and web site show maximum throughputs for the MAX series of devices.

Can I assume that these are based on:

1. PEPVPN on
  2. No WAn Smoothing
  3. No AES-256
  4. All possible interfaces for the WAN in the bond acting configured to handle the max capability (Like 1GE talking at max speed and LTE-A connected to LTE-A cell, when available)
    5 Other?

Assuming 1-4 are right if I was say only using the LTE-A on a device and not the 1GE WAN (or vice versa) is there any way I can factor the expected max throughput to take account of this?

Thank you.

Your assumption is incorrect.

Website and datasheets tend to quote three throughput ratings, overall router throughput, and VPN throughput with and without 256bit AES encryption turned on.

Overall Router throughput is:

β€˜is valid only for currently shipping devices running Firmware 7.0.1 or later. Router Throughput is based on Ethernet frame sizes of 1280 or 1518 bytes. Actual performance can vary across different networking environments.’

So - like many other vendors, the router throughput calculated from tests performed in lab conditions with large frame sizes.

1 Like

Glad to see the website specification comparison pages like https://www.peplink.com/products/max-cellular-router/multi-cellular/ now show throughput values with and without AES-256.
Thank you.
HCG

1 Like