Max Transit down over a month

Down Time: 1 Month 1 week 3 days (May 17, 2022)
Peplink Support trying to make replacement unit work: 1 week 4 days (June 16, 2022)

I new to this forum. I have a broken Max Transit. It was brought online August 16, 2017 and has worked flawlessly until early May, 2022 (great piece of equipment). At that point, it would stay up for 3 or 4 days and stop responding to any connections. I opened an incident in the Peplink Ticketingsystem on May 17, 2022. After trying multiple resets, they determined it was dead. We have a support contract with them. They initially told me to send in the unit and they would send me a replacement. That’s where things starting coming off the rails. The 5gstore intervened to tell them I have the advance hardware replacement; however, it still took them almost a month to get me a replacement. I understand the replacement unit would be a refurbished unit, but this unit looks rough but I just want it to work. It doesn’t. Peplink support has been trying to make it work since June 16. They were convinced the problem was with Verizon. Five hours plus on the phone with Verizon over multiple days and multiple SIM cards, it still wouldn’t work. At that point, Peplink support logs in and they think they see the problem with the modem. They get it connected to cellular and have me power cycle the unit. It then doesn’t connect to Verizon. Support goes silent for a few days and the cycle repeats.

I hate to sound like a complainer; however, this length of downtime and effort to make the replacement work seems ridiculous.
How do I get Peplink to provide me with a working unit? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi Kirby,

First we are sorry for the experience you encountered.

Our team has revisited the device again and applied a fix related to the cellular module.

The team also verified the fix by conducting multiple reboots and checked the cellular was successfully connected to Verizon.

We could go through for more details at our support ticket system.

Thanks

1 Like