MAX OTG End Of Life?

Hi,

Is the pepwave max on-the-go an end of life product?
Is there any other product similar in terms of price and features?

BR

MOTG is not end of life as far as I’m aware (its still listed on the Peplink website)- but I’m sure the Peplink team will confirm.
if you let us know your use case/application we can recommend an alternative if needs be.

1 Like

Hello ccondomines,

The Max On-the-go is still supported. If you’re looking for another device with four USB modems at the same price, we don’t really have something that similar to that.

What are the features that you’re looking for?

1 Like

Hi,

Well, indeed, I asked it here because:

• My reseller told me the MAX-OTG-U1 isn’t available anymore from peplink.
  • I don’t find a direct link to this product on the peplink website (only from google search).
  • The last hardware revision is 4 years old.

About features, the ideal would be something like asked in this post : Cost down version of MAX BR1 Slim mobile router

Usage is most of the time for less than 10 wifi devices, and having LTE connection helps a lot, but it’s not mandatory, so we don’t need to have redundant modems.
That means, the br1 slim is nice to have, but the OTG is enough and for the price of one slim I got 4 OTG.

So, any advice?

Hello ccondomines,

You should still be able to purchase the MOTG as this is still a supported device.

You could look at the Surf On the Go and/or the Surf SOHO. The SOTG and the SOHO both require a USB Modem. The SOTG has a form factor that is closer to that of the MOTG. The SOHO has more power than the SOTG and a UI that’s the same as the MOTG.

1 Like