Max hd4 mbx 5g:

Hi have set up my new 5G MAX HD4 MBX for the first time. I noticed that it´s not possible to select the carrier selection, LTE / 5G / 3G and band selection in the cellular settings.
Also the Carrier Aggregation does not work. The MBX uses only one frequency, also when I connect 2 x 5G antennas (in total 4 qma-connectors). Also the SNR is not shown.
Is there a menu hidden somewhere?

Greetings

Hi,

maybe @TK_Liew can help here if there is a hidden function in the MBX 5G.
SNR is very important to know, maybe tere is a special Firmware to fix it?

Same problem is in this post:

by the way 8.1.1 is installed on this device.

Regards
Dennis

1 Like

This was brought into our internal discussion and we are working on it.

Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Hi TK,

any news to that? We have to select the bands in Germany very often.

Thanks
Dennis

1 Like

@dennis.hofheinz. we are still working on it.

2 Likes

@TK_Liew Thanks TK. I’m also waiting to be able to aggregate, select custom bands, and select LTE and/or 5G. Your work is much appreciated.

@TK_Liew Hi TK. It’s time for some sort of update. Please…

Reminder:

• No band aggregation
  • No band selection or capability to select preferred bands.
  • Sometimes the band doesn’t display, although connected
  • No selection for LTE, 5G, etc.
  • No 5G connection or indication of anything.
  • SINR never displays.

Thank you!

Hi @TK_Liew,

is this included in the 8.1.2 beta now? Or are there plans to bring this in the GA?

Thanks
Dennis

@dennis.hofheinz @s.schneider @joelbean

Engineering team is working hard for the above features. 5G technology is not like what we experience so far for LTE/LTEA and this why some of the available options for the 5G device is not the same like LTE/LTEA models.

We have the following improvements in 8.1.2 firmware (RC2 now) :wink:

Band & Signal info :

5G/LTE selection:
Auto referring to 5G & LTE
LTE referring to LTE Only

Thank you

3 Likes

@sitloongs Thank you for this. I’m seeing aggregation now. If I could only select different bands for my ATT connection, I’d be ecstatic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

can you show what engineering data shows? i’m interested in what module is installed?

thank you for this, i haven’t seen this hit the fcc yet

Just installed 8.1.2 RC3 on my Max Transit 5G and can no longer connect using Tmobile SIM that was previously working in the same location with the same antenna. Now I just get “connecting” or “obtaining IP”.

Reverting to 8.1.1 also no longer works. “no sim card detected”. Have tried both sim slots. @sitloongs @TK_Liew please help!

@jdubbayew

Can you confirm the 8.1.1 firmware version and build you are using for the Transit 5G ?

1 Like

@sitloongs

8.1.1 Build 5040 which was downloaded directly from the Pepwave repository.

@jdubbayew

For Transit 5G device , please use the following firmware 8.1.1s076 :
https://download.peplink.com/firmware/plb1/fw-b1_210hw4_310hw4_br1ent_transit_m700hw3_hd2mini_hd4-8.1.1s076-build5076.bin

Known issue found for Transit 5G for 8.1.2 (RC3 now) & 8.1.1 GA and we will release the 8.1.2 special firmware to fix the issue when 8.1.2 GA released.

My 5G appears to be working fine with 8.1.2 build 5126 (without band selection). Am I supposed to use 8.1.1s076?

@sitloongs build 5076 is working now on LTE thank you, but still unable to connect to 5G.

@joelbean are you using a transit 5G?

Yes. It seems to have been fine since upgrading to 8.1.2 build 5126. No TMobile for me though.

@joelbean Looks like we have different devices

@sitloongs Do you have a predicted release date for 8.1.2 for the Transit 5G?