Max Br1 Sat TV interface problem

Hi there
Im new in this so i need little bit help setting up my Max BR 1 router .
Before we have Sisco router here and all the systems, Sonos , Sat Tv was connected true lan Swich all together . I have access sat tv interface true ip 192.168.1.11
When i change the router whit Max BR1 i can’t access the Sat tv interface .
Any ideas ? I have to do some additional set up on the router ?
Thank in advace !!

Hi. The BR1 comes with a default IP of 192.168.50.1 and it uses DHCP to assign IP addreses to connected clients from the 192.168.50.10 IP onwards.

If the SAT TV uses DHCP it will have a new IP address in the 192.168.50.10-100 range. If not you can either change the BR1 to use 192.168.1.0/24 network instead of 192.168.50.0/24 in its network settings.

I use https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/ to search for things on networks. Suggest you try that.

1 Like

Hi Martin
Thank you for prompt reply . i have run the IP scanner as you suggested but i can’t see the Sat Tv everything else is there .
I have connected AP enterprises to the switch and i have the same problem it doesn’t connect to web interface on the AP the address i use is on the label on the back side of the AP 192.168.0.3 .
Can you please advice how i can change the ip of Max Br1 as suggested above .
Kind regards

So this is not technically a problem - its expected behavior. Normally when I’m setting up a small number of APs I’ll add a second IP address to my laptop in the same range (eg 192.168.0.100 in your case) then I’m able to connect to the APs and reconfigure them to use an IP address on my local network.

At the moment your local network is 192.168.50.0/24. So for your APs to work they need an IP address in that network. Or you go to network settings on the BR1 and change every mention of a .50 to a .1 to revert your network back to a 192.168.1.0/24 network.

1 Like