Location coordinates on InControl2

Is there a way to change the location coordinates of multiple devices at once?

One time only or often?
You can get any number of devices to follow the GPS of another - that would be the quickest way.

1 Like

None of my devices have GPS. We have almost a couple hundred devices that were deployed last year and need to have their locations assigned correctly on the map.

It should be a one-time update.

Doesn’t matter. You’re telling one or more devices that its location is the same as another - even if that location is manually entered.

So you want to do what exactly? Have a spreadsheet with lats and longs or postcodes against serial numbers and then import it somehow? Perhaps you have a list of device addresses/postcodes already?

If it was me I’d just sit four guys down and get them to do 50 devices each manually updating the location over the course of the day.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. You’re telling one or more devices that its location is the same as another - even if that location is manually entered.

I can’t get the setting “Follow another device’s GPS location” to work. The “select a device” dropdown list is empty, probably because none of the devices have a GPS.

I checked InControl and I could not find a way to import the coordinates using a CSV file. So, I guess the updates will have to happen manually.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks for the reply!

Yes my bad. I thought I had done this in the past but it must have been with a GPS enabled device - sorry.

There isn’t a way to do this at the moment.

Yup.

Nope. I was surprised that there isn’t an IC2 API endpoint for updating position / address. Am sure the IC2 team will comment.

1 Like