Limitation Remote User Access on local database

Hai.

Is there any limit number on creating a remote user access account on the local database in Peplink, plus if I create 30 users is there any drawback on Peplink performance?

Thank You
Best Regards
Fahmi

You shouldn’t have problem to create 30 user accounts. Just need to take note of the number of supported Remote User Access connection.

Dear TK_Liew

Where could I find the number of supported remote user access connection at my Peplink device?

Regards
Fahmi

You may check from our official website - https://www.peplink.com/, or the comparison tables.

1. Balance Series Comparison

2. MAX Series Comparison

1 Like

Dear TK_Liew

Thank you for the information that you attached, really appreciate it. But back to the requirement Balance Series, it does cater L2TP up to 200 users. But after I created a user account with a password at the local database, the user tried to access peplink but failed, whereby it shows this error.

Remote user access

I tried PING the IP address and got replied back, is it because the IP already used for NAT or port forwarding that cause the connection failed to established?.

Best Regards
Fahmi

Please ensure your WAN link comes with public IP. If there is a router in front of your Peplink router, you may need to configure port forwarding in that router to forward UDP 500, UDP 4500, and IP 50 to WAN IP of Peplink router. You may get help from your point of purchase if you need further help.

If your WAN link doesn’t come with public IP, you may need to apply a public IP from your ISP.

1 Like

Dear TK

I will take note of this.

Thank You
Best Regard
Fahmi

The other reason of this happen beside what @TK_Liew has explain, is because I didn’t enable DHCP at LAN segment, whereby peplink unable to assign IP address for user from remote user access. After I enabled DHCP at LAN segment, the connection established.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.