"Latency Difference Cutoff" vs. "cut-off latency"

I understand the difference in use cases for “Latency Difference Cutoff” vs. “cut-off latency”, but in my use case it does not matter which one I use (2 cell connections with similar latency characteristics). So my question to you experts and Peplink engineers is… which one puts less strain on the device? Which one use less CPU overhead / behaves better / is easier from a computational stand point?

Whether I set the Latency Difference Cutoff to 150 or each WAN cut-off latency to 200 does not matter to me and will give me the desired result.

Please refer to the explanation here for the Latency Difference Cutoff. Cut-off latency is more like a static way to suspend the WAN when the latency higher than the defined value.

You will not able to see the suspension with Latency Difference Cutoff if both cellular WANs are having similar latency. If you are setting Cut-off latency to 100ms and the latency more than 100ms, you will see the few kbps of TX or RX for the suspended WAN. The active WAN will be transmitting few hundred kbps or Mbps.

1 Like