We are expanding our US team and are looking for a Network Support Lead Engineer to provide supervisory and technical support for the technical support team and clients. We provide top-tier support for a global leader in specialized networking products.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Overseeing staff’s technical performance, training staff on best practices, and preparing and delivering training materials for new staff, partners, and customers via the web or in person.
- Troubleshooting WAN technologies (Cellular, MPLS, Ethernet, Cable, DSL, etc.) and VPN technologies (PepVPN, IPSec, OpenVPN, L2TP, PPTP).
- Troubleshooting applications over LANs, WANs, and VPNs (VoIP, IoT/M2M Telemetry, Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS).
- Provide ticket, email, and phone support for customers; monitor the ticket system and responses to ensure timely and professional support; and provide a professional face and service for important customers (VIP + Technical case manager).
- Initiate, coordinate, communicate, and direct internal and external resources as necessary to resolve problems; and to provide feedback on strategies and operations to company Headquarters based on regional perspectives.
- Support vendors’ lines of networking equipment; and test new networking features and functionalities, including replicating network scenarios using real equipment.
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Unparalleled networking exposure - you’ll have the opportunity to work directly with the biggest names in tech, supporting some of the most advanced new technologies like autonomous systems.
- An honest, team-driven environment with a decidedly personable face for a tech company. We take pride in our users knowing that real human beings work here.
- Hands-on experience with a global leader of wireless SD-WAN technology.
- Job satisfaction is a key focus of the company culture.
- Rewarding position in a fast-growing technology company with global markets.
WHAT WE’D LIKE FROM YOU:
- 6 years of experience with cellular networks, telecommunication systems, and the Linux command line environment; at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Expertise in networking technology, network equipment, and computer support.
- Demonstrated technical written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of people, hardware, software, and other resources.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
- A calm demeanor combined with a drive to be part of something big. We’re pretty laid back here, even when we’re in the weeds, and we’d like an even keel running the help desk too!
If this sounds like the job for you, don’t hesitate to contact us now!
Send your resume, present and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org