Invalid firmware image MAX BR1 ENT for 7.1.2

New MAX BR1 ENT. Shipped with firmware 7.1.0 build 3433. I want to upgrade to 8.0.1. According to release notes,“for BR1 series,” I need to first go to 7.1.2. I have downloaded fw-max_br1_br2-7.1.2-build3310.bin from the link in the release notes and also from your firmware download page but the upgrade fails each time with “invalid firmware image.”

May I please have some direction on this?

Thanks,

Steve

That seems to be the wrong firmware. You could upgrade from InControl2. Or use following firmware:
https://download.peplink.com/firmware/plb1/fw-b1_210hw4_310hw4_br1ent_transit_m700hw3_hd2mini_hd4-8.0.1-build4368.bin

The BR1-ENT does not need the 7.1.2 first. (Also via InControl2 for other BR1 devices, the 7.1.2 step is not necessary, only for the upgrade via the webadmin.)

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply. It would also be very helpful if you could update your release notes so that others can avoid the problem.

Steve

1 Like

Ok, I downloaded the update you mentioned, it passed validation but the upgrade hung at 79%. It has been setting at 79% for more than 1 hour. What should I do? I urgently request instructions.

Steve

Try to refresh your web page, login and check if Firmware 8.0.1 is loaded.

1 Like

Sorry, false alarm. Just a screen refresh issue. The unit is up on the new firmware.

Steve

1 Like