Incontrol2 Wifi controller?

Hello,

I was wondering, to what extent is Incontrol2 a Wifi “Controller”? We have setup some configurations now with multiple AP’s in a single group, and all seems to work fine. However, I would still like to know what type of management/communication is performed between these AP’s through Incontrol2.

Thanks in advance!

(We really like Incontrol2 by the way. Huge improvement in comparison to it’s predecessor!)

Hi,

You can configure SSID and Radio centrally, Captive Portal, Firmware management, Configuration Cloning, Reporting and etc…

You may play around the available features under your AP group.

Hope this help. :slight_smile:

Hello,

I think I have a good impression on the configuration and management capabilities of InControl2.

What I really would like to know is, do the AP’s communicate with each other through Incontrol? I assume that if a client moves within a building, he changes from AP to another AP with more signal strength. Other vendors claim that AP’s keep track of their clients, and hand them over (seamless) to another AP with a better signal when it moves away from that AP.

Do you understand what I am trying to figure out?

Hi Supracom,

Thanks for the explaination.

In fact APs wouldn’t communicate to each other via InControl2. InControl2 just cloud based controller to manage and push configuration to APs. APs operate individually. This is concept of fat AP.

Actually roaming is client decision. This is a good article to explain this.

Thanks.

Thank you for the explanation!