InControl2: Fleet Management-How long is GPS tracking information maintained?

I am trying to figure out if the GPS tracking info is stored for 24 hours total or in 24 hour increments. If it is in 24 hour increments, how many days are stored? Also, can this data be easily exported/backed up?

1 Like

The GPS tracking information is stored on the server for a period of 6 months.

1 Like

Thank you for this information! Is there a defined way to export this data from the InControl2 server so it can be archived by the MSP/customer?

1 Like

When you are on the individual device management page you can select the date and then download as a GPX file.

1 Like

Thanks! Two API questions from a partner:

-Get Available GPS Record Dates (/rest/o/{organization_id}/g/{group_id}/d/{device_id}/gps_availability)
o This provides the days of a given month when the data is available. How much data is kept in InControl2 for each day?

-Get device current location (/rest/o/{organization_id}/g/{group_id}/d/{device_id}/loc)
o This gives me the option to provide the “start” parameter which is date and time. I assume it’s a “point in time” but since it’s called “Start”, I’m not sure exactly what this parameter is.
o One return parameter is ‘Expired’ but the “Response Model” does say what this means.

1 Like
  1. One point every two seconds. I.e. at most 43,200 points for each day.

2a. The call returns the specified device’s locations on the start date from the start time. If it is omitted, the device’s last location will be returned.

To get the device’s locations in a day, you should pass the date with the time “00:00:00”. To get today’s past locations with live location updates, a few seconds after the first call with today’s date, you should make a next call and pass the time stamp of the last position collected from the first call. So it will just return all locations in the last few seconds only.

2b. You may ignore the “expired” field. We will remove it eventually.

1 Like

Hi,

I need to know if the GPS tracking information is still stored for a period of 6 months or if this period has been changed.

Thank you

Matteo