IC2 Deep packet inspection (DPI) reports and everything you need to know about it

The point is, there is a DPI engine. Why not use it to provide us decent QoS? Why not a smart queue management?

And I really don’t like this “router as service” approach. I paid for the hardware and after a year I’ll lose features because they are on a online service even though the hardware is capable of generating it on its own.

We’re just bringing DPI online for the first time so I’m sure there’s lot of room for improvement.

I know engineering will be most happy to consider your requests. If you don’t mind, could you please put them up on our Feature Requests thread?

1 Like

Hi Eric, yes sure , see my screen shot

As you can see there is no entry to enable DPI .

thanks
Antonio

Could you please try a different browser?

Please find the release note below. Ensure you are using v7.0.1 and device that listed in the release note.

Thanks.

Hi Tk, the firmware of the balance is : 7.0.1 build 2059

thanks
Antonio

did you manage to try a different browser? was the result the same?

I Eric, via chrome browser don’t see this Features, via Firefox yes .

thanks
Antonio

1 Like

probably just a browser cache issue then :slight_smile:

Do you plan to eventually provide DPI per client because that is what is really needed?

I have the exact same issue but I have tried a different browser, in Chrome and Firefox neither shows this enable DPI switch, devices are on the latest 7.0.1 firmware but it doesn’t appear, our incontrol instance does have the “real-time monitoring” option under clients but it only seems to appear on certain devices, eg: I have a max transit duo on 7.0.1 and it appears, in another group I have an HD4 on 7.0.1 and it doesn’t?

Please clear the browser cache to confirm this will help. If not, please open ticket for us to take closer look.

Hello Peplink Team,
We have been using the new DPI feature to help our clients in understanding there data usage, a small request with the InControl2 DPI Reports is to make the colours on the Pie Chart the Same as on the Line Chart to improve visual cross referencing, here is an example

In this image you can see the html5video is an aqua blue colour in the pie chart while it is represented in Purple on the matching line chart.
We are continuing to explore how the DPI can be used as a value added feature for our clients, we are interested in being able to see also the top 10/20/30/50/100 domains being used too.
One area this will become particularly useful is with equipment like the Peplink MediaFast routers.
Appreciate your assistance,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for suggestion. We will match the colors on the two charts.

1 Like

Hi @Michael / @TK_Liew
On the above subject, even we are unable to see the DPI option in IC Control - have tried different browsers as well.

Is there something specific for us to fix like @cgreen

thanks

Please ensure you meet the requirement here.

1 Like

Is there any chance that the MAX BR1 can have this feature in IC2, or any alternate way to access this from the said device?

The MAX BR1 ENT supports this feature. Thanks

1 Like

So my device a relatively older model balance 20 hardware v 1 is according to the specs not supported for DPI; is that something that might be supported in the future with future firmware updates or is the hardware incapable of doing so?? Thx