Https://forum.peplink.com/t/long-cname-record-entries-prohibit-editing/28642?u=wherewolf

Sorry - I might have posted this in the discussion forum instead of feature request…

@WhereWolf

Thank you for the feedback. Do you mean you will stuck at the following screenshot ?

Supposedly , you can “click any text field for the page” and drag to the right or left then you should able to see the missing option or page.

Engineering team will review this and consider the possible improvement.

1 Like

That doesn’t seem to work for me. for example, when I click and hold (trying to scroll) on the “host” entry, all I get is a crossed circle - nothing actually moves. Maybe I’ll look to see if there is newer software available and update to try again.

Upgraded to the latest release for my Balance 2500 - the above workaround still doesn’t work.

I must apologize - I have so many entries on some of these domains that I never reach the end of the page. If you take the time to scroll ALLLL THE WAYYYY to the bottom… there is a horizontal slider there that lets you move over, and then scroll ALLLL THE WAYYYY back up to where you need to be.
So I just double checked - if your entries are all short enough, you never see that bar at the bottom. Since I added entries that were much longer, now it appears. (I know the CLOSE button is at the bottom, but I never use it - I just X out and apply my changes.) SO - nevermind! Sorry to have bothered anyone with this. You can delete the post from the discussion forums so no one gets confused.

1 Like

@WhereWolf

Do you think you can open a ticket for support team to check on the define CNAME records ?
https://ticket.peplink.com/ticket/new/public

1 Like

At this time, we are considering the matter resolved/closed. Thank you for your support!

1 Like