How to use PEPVPN

Hello everyone. I need some information about this PEPVPN feature. I just set up two balance 20 routers with this. The links are established and it is up and running. I believe that my computers are already using VPN but I am not clear how this work. How can I connect to this VPN between this two routers?
I have used other VPN services but with this one, I need some light. I am new to Peplink VPN. Thanks

Hello lcarrillo,

We use OSPF for advertising IP addresses over PepVPN/SpeedFusion. So all networks should be advertised over the VPN tunnel and you should be able to reach IP addresses at the remote location.

1 Like

Yes but how can i reach those IP addresses at the remote location. Do i use a vpn client. I am on ubuntu

Hello lcarrillo,

You can use L2TP for a client VPN. To enable this you’ll need to navigate to Network > Remote User Access.

1. You’ll need to enable Remote User Access Settings.
  2. Add a User Account details.
  3. Add the preshared key.
  4. If you have specific WANs that you would like the connection to use, select those here.

On the Ubuntu side it doesn’t support L2TP by default so you’ll need to add a PPA. I use nm-l2tp/network-manager-l2tp at home. It should work on all flavors of Ubuntu 16.04 and up. If you do a search on Google you’ll find a lot of guides for setting this up. Here is a guide for adding the PPA, installation, and setup.

1 Like

I think we’re unsure of your question.
So lets assume you have something like this set up

To test the VPN is working you could:

1. On PC A try and ping the LAN Ip of Balance Router B (192.168.2.1 in this case) if you can ping it the VPN is working
  2. On Balance Router A login to the web ui go to System → Tools Ping and get the balance to ping the LAN of Balance router B
  3. (and 4.) do the same thing as above but from the B network.

If you can ping devices on the remote network from devices on the local network VPN is working.

1 Like