I am trying to tether my Mifi 5510L to Balance one. This modem is officially supported in Peplink website but I cannot get it working even it shows ‘connected’ with ip address ‘192.168.1.2’
Then I read the following link. I have two questions:
- Could you please confirm the discussion below is correct?
- Is there any official help documents on this? Since my modem is officially supported, I expected a more smooth process instead of have to google and find out the answer myself.
In order to connect the MiFi to your Peplink/Pepwave router you’ll need to change the default IP address of the unit. Typically the factory address is either http://192.168.50.1 (Pepwave Max/Surf SOHO), http://192.168.1.1 (Peplink Balance), or http://192.168.20.1 (Pepwave Surf On the Go) and both the username/password are “admin” by default. After logged into the router please follow these steps*:
- Click on “Network” and select “Basic Settings”
- Under “IP Settings” change the routers IP to 10.0.0.1 or something similar - The router can not use a (192.) IP range.
- Under “DHCP server settings” change the IP range to something like (10.0.0.10 - 10.0.0.254). We recommend starting the DHCP range at (.10) to avoid IP conflicts with the 4620L or 5510L
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click save
- After saving the settings scroll to the top of the page and click “Apply Changes” on the upper right side of the screen
- Plug the MiFi into your Peplink Balance or Pepwave Max/Surf router and it will connect to your router. Please note -
If you haven’t setup a USB device on the Peplink Balance routers first you may need to configure the USB device through the Setup Wizard before it will connect
*The Surf On the Go instructions slightly differ. If you need assistance, and you purchased your Surf from 3Gstore.com, contact our support department (866-347-8673 ext. 3)