How to reduce cpu load in Balance 30

Hi team, I am facing the problem of overloading CPU in my Balance 30.
It always shows a 100% load on CPU.
I want some important tips to reduce the CPU load.

How many users do you have connected? Are you using PepVPN with encryption?

Normally CPU is consumption is caused by large numbers of user sessions or lots of encrypted VPN throughput.

1 Like

Sir
we have 20 to 25 max users at same time in our office, we don’t have any PepVPN connection. Firmware version of our router is 7.1.2 build 3575.

Due to overloading it crashes several times in a day and we faces no internet issue.

I would log that as a ticket with engineering - nothing obviously out of the ordinary there…

1 Like

is there any logging/recording of the CPU Load in the Peplink diagnostics? Would be great if there was a way to look at the CPU load at the time of a crash.

Have you found the solution to this problem?

I would look to upgrade to the latest firmware in case the load is based off a bug.

Are you using any of the QOS or content blocking features as these can put extra load on the CPU?

How much bandwidth is available to the b30 and are you seeing the CPU track with throughput usage? I have seen a b310 go to 100% cpu when downloading a file while using a 400mbps WAN connection. The 310 is rated for 200Mbps and the CPU is 100% with a single file download.