Having unit be an NTP time server would be helpful

@Wouter

Engineering team is checking on this. I will update again when i get the latest update for the team.

3 Likes

I too would be interested to see this implemented for customers with the Balance 20, as I was the one that started this topic. However since I’m no longer under hardware warranty I don’t see that happening—for me at least.

/Marty

1 Like

@Marty_Skinner

Device firmware is opened for download without referring to device hardware warranty. As long as your device hardware version is compatible then you can upgrade your device using the latest firmware and enjoys the new features. You can get all the archive firmware here : https://www.peplink.com/support/downloads/archive/

I think the main problem here is the lower end models & old hardware revision and this is not concurrent considered available for the devices.

2 Likes

@Wouter

Added the EPX/SDX/MBX test firmware.

3 Likes

Hello @sitloongs,
We are looking for some deployments to test this out in the field.
What are the sources for the routers NTP server?
What is the order of preference that these sources are used to reference the routers internal NTP server?

We want to set up as prefered order of sources the following:

1. Time from GPS
  2. Time from Cellular Network
  3. Time via serial input (used Evertz previously Timing & Synchronization | Solutions by Product Type)
  4. Time from WAN source via NTP
  5. Time from LAN source via NTP
  6. Time from SpeedFusion source via NTP
  7. Time from internal router clock

Others colleagues here will have their preferences.

We realise not all models will be able to do all of these options due to the equipment features such as with the GPS, Cellular & Serail plus available system processing.

Overall this is great to see. We will be going back to previous leads we’ve had with this GPS feature.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@mldowling

As for now , the LAN NTP service will work as below:

Client devices → LAN NTP → System Time (Router)

System time have 2 sources:

1. RTC - Battery powered time storage to keeps time running even router is power off.

2. System (Router) synced with External NTP server

• Depend on System Time Server settings : LAN/WAN/SpeedFusion

For you requirements above, please send me your project info and we can discuss what we can help for that.

3 Likes

As previously posted earlier in this forum thread.

Happy to Help,

2 Likes

Thanks team! This will help alot.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s definitely impressive to see a company focus on quality, good pricing, solid support, and all that while implementing a lot of requested features.
Much respect!

1 Like

Hello @sitloongs,
The recent 8.0.2 GA release does not appear to contain the new NTP server feature?

Testing on the NTP server within the router so far has been useful. We would like to see the NTP Server become a standard of future releases. Is there a release available with the NTP Server with 8.0.2 ?
Happy to Help,

2 Likes

@mldowling

As for now the NTP server firmware still in testing phase. I can definitely check with Engineering team whether we can release a test firmware for 8.0.2. Please stay tuned.

2 Likes

@sitloongs
Could we get a firmware for the BPL-380 with the NTP over LAN we need this for a deployment.
PS: The firmware we had for the MBX is working like a charm with NTP over Lan! Customer is really happy with it.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Any chance the NTP server option will be available on the MAX BR1MK2? With the built in GPS allready there it should be easy. I have some time sensitive apps that I need to be able to keep synced to an accurate clock

@Wouter

For time being please consider first the model that having the test firmware.

1 Like

@ebourlet

As for now, the NTP service will update base on the followings. BR1 MK2 are not in the list .

1 Like

@sitloongs

we need the firmware for the BPL-380 for another customer. Would it be possible to provide this?

1 Like

@Wouter

May i know the criticality to have the feature for B380 for now ? I can definitely help to check again with Engineering team whether that is possible but I would suggest to give more times for Engineering team to plan out the feature instead for the test firmware.

1 Like

@sitloongs

We need it to keep the camera’s and Milestone time synced so no issues happen. As this is a costumer we are convincing about the power of peplink for there network its a pre to have this build in.
the BPL-380 is one of our standard units we will use in future setups for the costumer and others so its not just for 1 POC or installation.

1 Like

@Wouter @mldowling @Rick-DC @MartinLangmaid

Added LAN NTP Server 8.0.2 test firmware . Beside that Engineering team also included more models to have the test firmware. Please check the firmware download link above.

For BR1 MK2, do allow me to further check on that and i will update again.

:kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

GODSEND! thnx this will help tons!

1 Like