I spend a lot of time reading the various post on this forum and manuals but I am stuck.
- Create a Guest WiFi network that is separated from the main network
- Prevent Guests connected to the WiFi from seeing each other
Peplink > Network > Lan > Network Settings
- Created a VLAN “Guest” (1) and gave it its own IP address, enabled the DHCP server with the same IP address range as used for the VLAN. DNS servers are automatically assigned.
Peplink > Network > Lan > Port Settings
- Assigned port 8 “Access” to Guest VLAN
- Connected laptop with ethernet to port 8
- Network DHCP picks up network settings and DNS
- IP scan doesn’t reveal other network devices (Good!)
- Able to browse the internet (Good!)
Peplink > AP > Wireless SSID
- Created Guest SSID with VLAN Guest (1)
- Security settings Open (keeping it simple for test purposes
I am able to connect to the Guest network but DHCP is not working (self-assigned IP address)
- Peplink Balance Core Firmware 7.1.0
- Access Point AP_One_AC- Mini Firmware 3.5.4
- Access Point AP_One_Rugged Firmware 3.5.4
- HP unmanaged switch
- How do I make the DHCP for the Guest VLAN work under WiFi
- How do I isolate Guest users from each other?
Thank you very much for your support.
For some it might be very simple but I am stumped…