Getting VERY slow speeds on peplink balance one

Can you guys help make the connection faster? Maybe there is an option?

need more info to assist:

1. What is your internet connectivity type and service.
  2. What is the line speed / expected speed of those services?
  3. What speeds are tiy seeing?
1 Like

Connected to my modem

Still need answers to these questions to help. Without knowing what speed your internet service is meant to be, what speeds you are seeing now and how you have the balance one plugged up no one can help.

1 Like

What Martin said. Folks here are very helpful but you have to provide info. Your initial post was vague and your follow-up didn’t add much more info.

My suggestion - disconnect the router from your modem, connect a laptop to the modem, and do a speed test from that laptop. Whatever the result is defines the best you are going to do with whatever router you connect to that modem. Your Balance One isn’t going to do any better than your WAN connection. Then connect the router to the modem using one of the router’s two WAN ports, connect the laptop to one of the router’s LAN ports, and run the speed test again. Record the results of both tests and post the info here. That would be a good start.

I am getting slow speeds on a regular basis. I reboot the router and all is back to normal. Any suggestions what I can do to keep it consistent?