Firmware 8.1.1 Beta 2

Oh nice. My bad. I don’t recall if those were there in 8.1.0.

But indeed it’s all there and more. Nice feature.

Thanks @sitloongs

2 Likes

Just for information:
I am facing a problem on balance one with this Beta 2 fw that client traffic is not routed over SFC as defined. Only on automatic SFC location setting. Support team cared for it already based on a ticket I opened and confirmed it to be fixed in next fw version.

1 Like

Pretty sure my Balance 20x just crashed when maxing both WAN’s with a Steam download (2x ~30Mbit/s)

Also speedfusion tunnels take a very long time to establish on this build

8.1.1b1 and 8.1.1b2 both crash under load on my 20x, not sure how I didn’t notice this previously but it’s possible I just hadn’t been downloading much since installing 8.1.1.

Downgraded to 8.1.0 but also raised a ticket and submitted a diagnostic report.

Fusionhub is also on 8.1.1b2 but that side seems stable, seems to be the 20x that’s running into problems.

@dragon2611, look like you have opened a ticket and our technical support engineer is following with you. Let see what is the finding there.

Thanks.

1 Like

I lose WAN (PPPoE) and my AP Controlled device (AP One AC Mini) after upgrading from 8.1.1 Beta 1 on a Balance 20X.

Here is a guide for using the new Wi-Fi mesh feature. 8.1.1 allows all Balance/MAX routers with integrated 802.11ac or newer Wi-Fi to create a Wi-Fi mesh with other Peplink|Pepwave Wi-Fi APs, and also act as a controller to push mesh profiles out.

1 Like

For the session timeout option that is now available, what is the unit that is being set (seconds, minutes, hours)? The entry field doesn’t specify.

1 Like

@FrontierComputerCorp

Session timeout is in seconds :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @sitloongs

1 Like

Peplink is holding an “Introducing Peplink Firmware 8.1.1” webinar (US/EMEA region) on December 16th. Will we be final by then?

1 Like

It is possible, but I don’t think it will be fully GA by then. We will cover all the highlight features of whichever version of 8.1.1 is available that day :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just had my MAX Transit CAT18 reboot for the second (potentially third) time running this beta. It has been rock solid for 6+ months aboard my boat, and only started rebooting with beta 2. Anyone else seeing reboots?

I was changing the priority of a WiFi as WAN interface when it happened. Nothing in the logs other than the usual startup messages.

1 Like

Yes but on a 20x, seems to be triggered by load - Steam downloading can often trigger it.
I’ve had it reboot on 8.1.0 as well but that’s no where near as frequent.

Of course Murphys law being what it is the Balance was behaving itself perfectly when support were investigating.

I did see a Spike in CPU usage and errors on the attached USB Nic at one point, although SNMP isn’t granular enough to see if this is the cause.

Mine may be related to load, but not 100% sure. It’s happened 2x more times, and as I mentioned before, this hardware has been very reliable even through 8.1.0 betas.

1 Like

@stevemitchell

Would you able to open a ticket for this ?

I can, but unfortunately I downgraded so I could continue working reliably. I can upgrade again if there is not another beta candidate expected.

System > Reboot > Then you should see one of the two FW banks has 8.1.1 in it, just select that and reboot. You can also go back to the previous version the same way.

firmware image

1 Like

Still crashing on RC1 :frowning: , Tried another PSU at the request of support, doesn’t look to have helped.

Also as is typical when support try to reproduce the issue the thing behaves itself, anyway it’s been escalated to engineering, hopefully they’ll get to the bottom of things, got to be something about my configuration or environment that’s triggering it.

Same here 8.1.1 beta 2 is not working on my balance 20. Device is just unusable with that firmware.

Can we get the stability issues with balance 20 fixed? Cannot use 8.1.1 firmware with balance 20. As soon as I try to boot with that firmware the device gets stuck with 100% CPU and UI unresponsive. Firmware 8.1.0s083 build 4956 is working fine, so can we get the fixes from that firmware into 8.1.1 ?