Feature to overwrite the TTL?

Is there a feature available to allow the Balance 20 change TTLs for outgoing packets? I have outbound packets with a TTL that decremented to 1 after passing through the Balance 20, and never connect to the internet.

Anyone ever found a solution for this?

Hi Dan yes here: TTL feature and feedback - #4 by MartinLangmaid

1 Like

It looks like it is not working. It set the enforced TTL to 65 and the pings shows ttl=51

@alexperez

You need to perform packet capture from the Balance/MAX device in-order to confirm the TTL value that sent from the WAN.

1 Like

I.have other routers where I enforce the ttl to 65 and
The devices show ttl=64 which their next hop (the router would be 65…

@alexperez

Different router have different way to implement the TTL overwrite. I can confirm on Balance/MAX device TTL overwrite is on the WAN Interface. Please perform packet capture as suggested and let me know if it’s not work as expected.

1 Like

Hi Martin

I have a old PepWave max BR1 LTE USA model, that I believe cannot be upgraded to Firmware 8.0,

Its a catch 22 situation, the OLD 6.3.5 has NO TTL option, the new one is not able to install on the Max BR1 I have, how can I adjust the TTL setting?

Thanks!

You can’t. But from what I’ve seen on this thread and others it doesn’t seem to work anyway…

1 Like

I have a Balance One. I see the option on the Mobile Internet interface but the option is not available on WAN 1 or WAN 2. Is there a way to enable the configuration on those two interfaces? Thanks

1 Like