DHCP Reservations with Bulk Configurator

If I am utilizing Bulk Configurator to manage my configurations on all devices, this seems to overwrite individualized configurations like DHCP Reservations. Is there a way to utilize Bulk Configurator, but prevent it from managing certain configuration details (such as DHCP Reservations) which would not make sense to be deployed to my entire fleet?

If not, does anyone have a recommendation for how to deal with this need?

Thanks

It is true that if your DHCP reservations are configured on the untagged LAN or any non-IC2 managed VLAN, the bulk configurator will overwrite them with the settings defined in the uploaded bulk configuration file.

But if your DHCP reservations (and most VLAN specific settings) are configured on an IC2 managed VLAN network, as they are individualized VLAN Network settings, IC2 will preserve them and will not overwrite them by the settings defined in the uploaded bulk configuration file.

Would such behavior help in your situation? I.e. you create a VLAN networks on IC2, and individualize your DHCP reservation setting in the created VLAN on the web admin.

1 Like

Yeah. This helps. Just curious… are there any plans to include DHCP reservations as a managed configuration within IC2 itself, preventing the need from using the device’s web admin for this purpose?

Thanks!

Thanks for your suggestion. We will put it into our user wish list.

1 Like