Device "Already Added" in InControl2

Valued customers,

Please understand that due to the security and liability implications we cannot just remove devices from existing IC2 accounts based on the serial number alone.

We will need proof of ownership and proof of possession. This can be validated by sending us a photo of the device’s silver label, and a diagnostic report pulled from the device.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi Tim, I am an absolute newbie to my Peplink device. IMG_5276 Trying to set up IC2 and it doesn’t show up on organizational sheet. When I tried to add it with SN, the message said it was already entered. My only reason for removing is to start over correctly. If you can tell me how to locate it, I don’t need to remove and start over but I cannot find it. Thanks for your assistance. Is there a basic tutorial on using IC2 remotely?

@gen114, the reseller you purchased from will be able to help you with this otherwise you can open a support ticket here. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the help. Will do.

Hi Tim,

I am kind of in a similar situation. I purchased a MAX HD2 Mini unit from an used office computer supplier. If needed I can provide the receipt. The unit was in its default factory setting and works absolutely fine. I tried to add it to my IC2 account for remote management but IC2 stated that it is already under a different organization. I contacted the supplier but they were not able to help and asked me to contact Peplink. I sent an email to Peplink support but haven’t got any reply yet. As I don’t know who the original owner was, I was wondering if there is any process that I can go through so I can apply to register the unit under my name, or if there is any waiting period that I need to wait before I can register the unit in my IC2 account.

Thanks

Hi @Farid, welcome to the forum.

Our support team will reply to you if they already haven’t (please check your spam).

I recommend that you return the used device for a refund and that way you can buy a new device from a certified partner and you will not have these issues.

A lot of these used devices are old and you will not be able to get them under warranty nor buy an InControl subscription.

Thanks

1 Like

I have the same problem. TK_Liew, can you assist me?

Thanks,

Chad

@chaddale1, please refer to the post below then open a ticket with the necessary info.

1 Like