"Currently used by:" mouse hover info in Client Bandwidth Usage

Hi all!

We have a Peplink Balance 30, and after the firmware upgrade v5.4.9 build 1732 (from v5.3.12 build 1303), when you go to Status/Badwidth, and choose any time interval (Real-Time, Hourly, Daily, or Monthly), in the old firmware when you hover the pointer of the mouse over any IP, in the “Currently used by:” you got the machine name. Now in the new firmware that field is always empty, does not get filled with any computer name.

It is very useful to have that computer name there to help identify a computer at any given moment in the network, specially a foreign one. Let me know if this is a bug of this firmware version or if this is a isolated case. Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Thanks for the report. I confirmed this bug in v5.4.9 build 1732. Notified the dev team and they are looking into it.

Thanks,
-Jonan

Hello,

Can you confirm you have DNS servers set in your WAN configuration. Either manually or by checking “Obtain DNS server address automatically”. There seem to be a difference between
5.3.12 and 5.4.9 affecting name lookups. Setting this works around the problem for me in 5.4.9.

Thanks,
-Jonan

Thanks Jonan for the reply! Actually in both WANs the “Obtain DNS server address automatically” check box is marked. We are using the Open DNS servers addresses. Let me know any additional questions that you may have, and once again, thank you very much for your help, time and the excellent product that is the Balance 30!

Would you be able to submit a support ticket with your configuration attached so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,
-Jonan

Hello,

I was looking at the wrong part of interface. The client names you see under “Status->Bandwidth” are set by
the name of computer in DHCP client requests or name set under DHCP reservations in Peplink interface.

Can you open a ticket and enable remote assistance so we can debug ?

http://www.peplink.com/knowledgebase/how-to-enable-the-remote-assistance-service/

Thanks,
-Jonan

Jonan,

Hi! Excuse me for the delay in the response. I just create the ticket (736482). Related to enabling the remote assistance, once I received more information I will enable it, so we can work on this case in a time no users are connected (just in case that a restart to the router is needed). Thanks once again!