Create peplink rules BPL-ONE-CORE

hello good morning I have a peplink BPL-ONE-CORE with 2 internet channels WAN1 = 150 megabytes and WAN2 = 50 megabytes I want to implement the following thing that all the traffic comes out on the WAN1 and when the WAN1 runs out of bandwidth it is backed by the WAN2 The other application is when WAN1 has high latency all traffic comes out of WAN2.
for that, create the following rules that are in the images, I want to know if they are ok or can help me with any suggestions

Your overflow rule will override the lowest latency rule as it appears first. What type of connections are the WANs? what is their typical latency?

I would probably just use a lowest latency rule here, since if the lowest latency WAN link becomes saturated with traffic, its latency will rise and cause new sessions to be sent over the other WAN.

When using the overflow rule you want to be sure you have entered the available upload/download bandwidth for each WAN in their respective WAN settings page.

1 Like

The typical latency is WAN1: 13 ms which is a fiber optic connection and WAN2: 20 ms than a wireless connection.
I have a problem the provider of the WAN1 sometimes presents problems of very high pine trees and my whole network gets slow so I want to imply the low latency rule for when this happens.

In which case just use the lowest latency outbound policy. That will favor WAN1 until it runs out of bandwidth (which will cause it’s latency to rise) then new sessions will get passed to WAN2 (unless its having the problems you mentioned and its latency skyrockets).

1 Like

mate I have 2 queries my case is l next I have 2 WAN, WAN1 = 150 megs and WAN2 = 80 megabytes I want it is to add the bandwidth at the time that is required and when one of the WAN present problems of slowness all the traffic is assumed by the WAN that at that moment is working well, that you can advise me in this case.
another question in all cases of peplink balancing are added WAN bandwidth?

Yup. So the healthcheck on a WAN link looks for connectivity - it doesn’t measure the quality/speed of the link.
One of the best indicators of when a WAN link is running out of bandwidth is that the latency rises. So that’s why the lowest latency policy works so well.

Don’t follow - try asking that question again in a different way.

1 Like