Communicate to Cable Modem thru Balance Router

My network looks something like this:

I want to communicate between PC #2 and cable MODEM to check logs, et cetera.
I’m using the other WAN port too with another modem but for simplicity omitted here. Using Peplink Balance 200 how do I set this up?
I’ve tried several approaches but none of them work.
a) I added an additional public IP setting, no go.
b) I added a static route setting and changed the IP settings netmask to 255.255.255.0, no go. I changed the IP settings netmask to 255.255.252.0, no go.
c) I added a outbound policy custom rule, nothing.
d) I tried adding NAT Mappings, nada.
e) I added an outbound Firewall rule, still nothing.
Suggestions appreciated.
voltar

Hi,

You should configure Management Network of Balance router as 192.168.100.2/24 based on the diagram. Please find here for the guideline.

Please ensure you having latest firmware version.

TK,

Thanks. The Balance 200 we have is no longer getting sw/fw updates so it doesn’t have the management feature for PPPoE in 6.2.1+. Last we have is 4.8.1 :(. We use PPPoE for a DSL modem and DHCP with the cable modem. It looks like we need to configure a route to the cable modem but we don’t have a way…

You can try creating a custom outbound rule with the destination IP of 192.168.100.1 and enforce it on the Cable WAN connection.

I tried the custom outbound rule before using enforced WAN with no success.

But after beating my router up with all these changes I tried to use my core OS (OSX 10.9.5) route command to see if that would work.

Lo and behold it worked!

sudo route add 192.168.100.0/30 192.168.1.1

I didn’t need any router special outbound rule or firewall outbound rule (my current rules were adequate).

Thanks all for suggestions!

voltar