Cellular Roaming stuck on "Obtaining an IP Address"

I have a MAX-HD2-MINI-LTE-US on my boat and am currently traveling in the Bahamas. I have Verizon Wireless service and sim card in the device with international roaming enabled via the carrier. I just arrived in the Bahmas and am trying to get my device connected to the local carrier, BTC Bahamas.

So far I have tried enabling roaming, changing settings from Auto to Verizon, put in BTC’s APN of “internet.btcbahamas.com”. I’ve even tried manually selecting the local LTE network under cellular that is available. Is there something simple I’m missing? Does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks!

Hello zipperman19,

The MAX-HD2-LTE-US does support B17/700, this looks to be the what BTC uses. Please make sure that the HD2 is on the most recent version of firmware (7.1.0). Also make sure that the cellular module’s firmware is up-to-date as well. You can do this in the support.cgi page. Navigate here by changing the address bar from <IP_ADDRESS>/cgi-bin/MANGA/index.cgi to <IP_ADDRESS>/cgi-bin/MANGA/support.cgi. On the support.cgi page you can find Cellular Module Firmware Update and click the Check for update button.

You will need a network connection to check for and for the HD2 to download the firmware.

1 Like

Hi,
i use the Peplink BR1 Max SLIM and test it in my Car for Driving.
If the connection on SIM1 lost, switching to SIM2 , thats OK.

But:
If the SIM detected, and connecting to the network,
the Message appears for 3-4 Minutes “Obtaining IP address…:”
… and connect :slightly_smiling_face:

Have i Chance to break the attempt after 10 sec,
and change to the other SIM ?
:slight_smile: