Cellular connection stuck in "Resetting" - MAX Transit

Interestingly, I can only grab the technical data on the cellular modem right at startup… it then changes to “Initializing…” and IMSI (In use) for the populated SIM, but no engineering data displays. Eventually settles into being in “Resetting” status. Thanks for your insights.

I’d say there is an issue with the firmware on the module. Usually, Peplink support can remote in and fix this (as long as you have a second WAN option for getting it online), but a valid care plan is of course a must.

@bradjones@Odd-Reidar_Fuglestad has given you good advice. It seems you have an issue with the modem and likely its firmware. If you are unable to update the firmware and resolve the issue I would submit a ticket to Peplink. I’d do this regardless if PrimeCare is active or not. Include a .diag file and turn on RA. When you check for modem FW and turn on RA have the ethernet WAN connected – don’t rely on the modem alone.

This will be interesting to follow – please keep us informed as to progress.

1 Like

Thanks. Submitted a ticket (#23120797 if anyone at Peplink is curious!)

Did they sort you out?

I was actually in an area where my cellular connection was working, but just moved Friday and am getting this again. So hopefully they can remote in and take a look this week. So no, but at least it’s reproducible! LOL.

The Peplink support team logged in today and upgraded the cellular firmware to T99W175.F0.1.0.0.9.TO.006 and this is now fixed AFAICT. A big thank you to Peplink for supporting this even out of warranty and for everyone here for your help. Happy customer!

1 Like

FYI for everyone following along I have in the past used google fi and found their data sims to work.