Cant connect to my 5ghz network any longer, only the 2.4ghz

I have a Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2 and recently did a firmware update to 8.1.3 build 5030.

Now, I can only connect to the 2.4ghz and not the 5ghz band. I am not sure if something changed in the settings to cause this or not.

We do have some devices that need the 2.4 but usually connect our iPads and computers to the 5. Is there some settings that I should be checking or changing?

Still do not know what happened but a full reboot of the system brought it back. Any ideas on how or why it locked up and wouldn’t accept password would be appreciated.

Did the issue happen with just one device or multiple devices?

Are you using WiFi WAN?

It happened on all devices. I have WiFi WAN set up but both are disabled on 2.4 and 5. I have been running on Aigean Wifi as the connected WAN with cellular set as a backup.

Since the reboot all has been stable so not sure if something got locked up somehow on the 5 ghz side but it would be nice to understand the reason for the lock in case it happens again.

Thanks for the reply.

May I know the all devices that connect to 5GHz are Apple devices?

Seem like the WIFI clients saw the 5GHz SSID but failed to connect it, correct?

iPads and iPhones are the devices currently accessing the network.

You are correct, the devices could see the 5GHz SSID but could not connect.

@Duncan_Sharp, may I know the IOS version of your iPad and iPhone?

Mind sharing the screenshot of the AP > Wireless SSID > Click your SSID and AP > Wireless SSID > Settings?