Can out of warranty Balance device upgrade to 6.3.1?

Hi,

I am unclear whether devices which are out of warranty (we have a Balance One running 6.1.2 - and 2 Balance 30s running 5.4.9) can be upgraded to ver 6.3.1.

In the upgrade instructions it says ‘you may have to enter a license key during the upgrade process…’. I tried to register the devices in InControl but can’t since they are out of warranty, and I cannot therefore access the key. Does this mean the upgrade isn’t available for our devices?

Please could you clarify this?

Once you have added your device to InControl2 you just need to click on it and you will see the firmware unlock key, regardless of the warranty status.

Thanks. I was able to find the product key but can now see another link to a document which tells me I can only upgrade to 6.3.1 by either extending the warranty or taking out a subscription to InControl2. However, I can’t find any information about how to do this / prices. Can you help out?

Hi

Refer to this page. It will guide you through the process.

Firmware upgrades are now free regardless of the warranty status - Peplink changed their stance on this in June last year. (used to have to be in warranty to get the upgrade)