BR1 Programmatically Switch between SIM A and SIM B?

Hi,

We use a tablet to interface a BR1 via Ethernet cable, and in some remote locations, we’d love to give users a simple UI to switch between SIM A and SIM B. Can we somehow send a command to http://192.168.50.1/cgi-bin/MANGA/admin.cgi, setting “backup_sim” and “ui_backup_sim” to 0 or 1. Would that work?

Many thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony,

Do you think enable this for Read-only User is feasible?

Hi TK,

Sorry, not entirely sure what read-only user mean, but we will need to actually give our users the capability to switch between SIM A and SIM B, in case one carrier does not have good reception. Hopefully this only needs to be done once.

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony,

BR1 do have 2 login accounts. One is Admin (you used it normally) and another is User (which has limited access). You may check it at System > Admin Security.

May I know User login with capability above can meet your requirement?

Hi TK,

“User” per my understanding is read-only. If we can use the User log in to change a setting, I don’t mind.

Please keep in mind that our customers are not going to have browser access - that’s why we are building our own tool to let the customers change the SIM selection. In our interface in our own Android app, it will just be two buttons:

“SIM A”, “SIM B”.

They will be clicking on one of them to select the SIM they want to use.

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony,

Understood. Do you think having this feature in our Router Utility can meet your requirement?

Thank you.

Hi TK,

Sorry I didn’t make myself clear. We have our own app already. On our rooted tablets customers only have access to our app and nothing else, so our customers won’t be able to use your app. We’d like to be able to switch from one SIM to the other from within our app. How can we do that?

Thanks,
Tony

Hi TK,

Still waiting for your answer. Thank you.

-Tony

Hi Tony,

I am waiting feedback from engineering team on the feasibility to do this. I will revert asap.

Thank you TK. Looking forward to it.